Established in 1895 Wonga Park Primary School has been proving world class education for over 120 years.
Wonga Park Primary School provides a challenging and comprehensive curriculum for each child in a caring, secure and stimulating environment. We aim to facilitate success in learning and encourage children to develop their full potential, academically, emotionally, physically and socially. Wonga Park encourages the development of confident, articulate and independent learners who demonstrate self-discipline, self-reliance and a pride in themselves and their school.
Our school community believes children learn most effectively when:
- Each child's self esteem is fostered through success.
- Individual differences, individual learning styles and needs are catered for in the curriculum. Staff, students and parents work together to create a positive learning environment.
- Learning is child centered and activity based.
- Children are encouraged to experiment, take risks and reflect as they learn.
- Children are encouraged to learn in different ways.
- High staff morale and enthusiasm is fostered through leadership support, and commitment to the professional development of all staff members.
We have an excellent reputation for working together with our school community in the provision of a high standard of education. Parents are valued highly for their support and involvement in our curriculum programs, school activities and membership of groups such as School Council and School Council sub-committees. We welcome the support of parents as this involvement strengthens the links between home and school and encourages and enhances the educational achievements of the children. We pride ourselves on the open and friendly community atmosphere at Wonga Park and welcome community input and feedback about our school.